We love researching and sharing our history on Black Then. But it takes hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars a month to sustain. Keeping it a clean and informative reading experience — which is important to me and, I hope, to you — means it’s subsidized by the generous support of readers like you. So if you find any joy, stimulation and education in it, please consider a modest monetary contribution — however much you can afford, when it comes from the heart, it’s the kind of gesture that makes us warm with appreciation.
There are two options: You can become a Supporting Member, joining the loyal readers who make Black Then possible with an automatic monthly monetary contribution of your choosing…OR, you can be a one-time patron with a single contribution:
Need to cancel your recurring monthly contribute? If you donate via PayPal, please use this button:
…or do it manually, by following the steps below:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click the settings icon next to “Log out.”
3. Click “Pre-approved payments” under “Payment Settings.”
4. Find Invisible Ink and click it.
5. Click “Cancel,” “Cancel automatic billing,” or “Cancel subscription” next to status and follow the instructions.