From those who worked alongside Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., to those marched with him, participants in “His Dream, Our Stories: Voices of the Civil Rights Movement” share their memories of the man, the movement, the method of nonviolent action, and the impact of a man who was for all people.
Includes comments from:
- Rev. Dr. C.T. Vivian, Civil Rights Activist and Former Lieutenant of Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Mamie Chalmers, Civil Rights Activist
- Charles Black, Chairman, Atlanta Student Movement, 1961-1962, and Former Student of Dr. King, Morehouse College
- Ambassador Andrew Young, Former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations
- Rev. Nicholas Hood, Sr., Minister Emeritus, Plymouth United Church of Christ
- Lorraine Powell Johnson, Attended March on Washington
- Elaine Turner, Civil Rights Activist; Patricia Patton, Attended the Detroit Walk to Freedom
- Rev. William A. Lawson. Former President of SCLC, Houston Chapter
- Rev. Horace L. Sheffield, III, Pastor, New Destiny Christian Fellowship
- Rev. Wendell Anthony, President, Detroit Branch, NAACP
His Dream, Our Stories is part of Comcast NBCUniversal’s “Voices of the Civil Rights Movement” project. Experience the sights, sounds and stories of the Civil Rights Movement like never before!
We are proud to announce our new, interactive website, Voices of the Civil Rights Movement. The updated website contains all of the same award-winning content found on “His Dreams, Our Stories” and “Moments in Civil Rights History.” It combines these two video archives into one interactive site, boasting several new features that improve user experience, including improved functionality to help site visitors sort and select content, dynamic new search functions, a free E-Book, plus the opportunity to Add Your Story, a section where anyone can share their own written story, photographs or video relating to the struggle for justice and equal rights.
via Youtube Channel