Malcolm X is known as one of the most celebrated and memorable black leaders during the time of the Civil Rights Movement. For his entire life, Malcolm X fought tirelessly against the evils of racism. As an incredible speaker and leader, Malcolm brought thousands of followers to the Nation of Islam, a revolutionary group of black Muslims. He was assassinated on February 21, 1965, but many of his quotes remain memorable to this day.
- “We declare our right on this earth…to be a human being, to be respected as a human being, to be given the rights of a human being in this society, on this earth, in this day, which we intend to bring into existence by any means necessary.”
- “Without education, you’re not going anywhere in this world.”
- “Power in defense of freedom is greater than power in behalf of tyranny and oppression.”
- “I believe in human rights for everyone, and none of us is qualified to judge each other and that none of us should therefore have that authority.”
- “I am neither a fanatic nor a dreamer. I am a black man who loves peace, and justice, and loves his people.”
- “History is a people’s memory, and without a memory, man is demoted to the lower animals.”
- “We cannot think of uniting with others, until after we have first united among ourselves. We cannot think of being acceptable to others until we have first proven acceptable to ourselves.”
- “People don’t realize how a man’s whole life can be changed by one book.”
- “Time is on the side of the oppressed today, it’s against the oppressor. Truth is on the side of the oppressed today, it’s against the oppressor. You don’t need anything else.”
- “You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.”
Malcolm X, was a statemen and truly a great leader. He changed my life. They don’t teach about Malcolm in schools, it is ALWAYS MLK, not withstanding they lived in the same era. Malcolm X, Marcus, Elijah, preached a self help philosophy. The oppressors, don’t like that. However, self help will be our savior. We need to try it.